Service manual,hard copy

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
I just ordered a copy from: 
http://www.service-shop-repair-manual.com/2015-yamaha-fj-09-part-lit-11616-28-46-service-shop-repair-manual/

$40 USD plus $6 USD flat rate shipping in the US.  Don't know about out of country orders.

I know this thread is old. 
I just ordered a service manual from this site, and though I do not have any proof, this has been my only recent purchase on my credit card outside of local purchases and my card was reported stolen today and used to rent a car in India...

I don't remember seeing an option, but use paypal or some other service if you can.

I did receive, what appears to be a legit service manual though :)

I just ordered a copy from: 
http://www.service-shop-repair-manual.com/2015-yamaha-fj-09-part-lit-11616-28-46-service-shop-repair-manual/

$40 USD plus $6 USD flat rate shipping in the US.  Don't know about out of country orders.

I know this thread is old. 
I just ordered a service manual from this site, and though I do not have any proof, this has been my only recent purchase on my credit card outside of local purchases and my card was reported stolen today and used to rent a car in India...

I don't remember seeing an option, but use paypal or some other service if you can.

I did receive, what appears to be a legit service manual though :)
If you have an online connection with your bank, check if they have a temporary limited amount card feature.  I use B of A ShopCard for online purchases if I can't use paypal.  It creates a new CC and security code number, allows me to set a maximum amount and an expiration date.  So if it does get hacked into my liability and hassle is real limited. 

If you have an online connection with your bank, check if they have a temporary limited amount card feature.  I use B of A ShopCard for online purchases if I can't use paypal.  It creates a new CC and security code number, allows me to set a maximum amount and an expiration date.  So if it does get hacked into my liability and hassle is real limited.
While that is a nice feature bank cards almost always draw funds from your balance and it takes some period of time for the funds to be restored to the balance after fraud is detected. Whereas with a credit card I've never been out a penny for even a day the four or five times fraudulent charges have showed up on them.  

I've been out a card, while on vacation, that had automatic payments for services like netflix set up on it, and used for booking the hotel, the rental car.  Had to go back and change all those services, the hotel booking down at the desk, the rental car on return.  Even though I wasn't out any money, I was out my main card and had to deal with a bunch of crap while on vacation.  At the time, I only had the main one with a high credit limit and a secondary with a very low limit.  That being said, I never use a debit card because they have all the same risks of being stolen but don't have the same consumer protection laws.  I don't even carry it with me.  Plus, why would I when the credit card companies practically pay me to use their card with cash back?

While that is a nice feature bank cards almost always draw funds from your balance and it takes some period of time for the funds to be restored to the balance after fraud is detected. Whereas with a credit card I've never been out a penny for even a day the four or five times fraudulent charges have showed up on them.  

It's not a debit or bank card, by "CC" I meant a new credit card number that is linked (within the bank only) to your main credit card.  All of the credit card protections are included, but once the business to whom you send it uses the money (basically immediately) there is none left on the card for anyone to pilfer.  So you have no hassle at all.  It reduces your exposure significantly, and that's a good thing. 

• 1 year later...
  • Supporting Member
Here is a link to the FZ09 service manual if anyone is interested. It has a lot of the FJ09 chassis and engine info since they are so similar. Try it out and let me know if it works. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MJSHQ4_Y3bfxeFIuik73yGxbckjrlifm/view?usp=sharing

I hate to sound like the morality police but @Cruizin owns and pays for this website.  Using his website to post a link to copyrighted material for everyone to freely download (STEAL) might not go over too well. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
Doesn't Yamaha give away digital copies of their service manuals? I know they did / do for their dirt bikes.
I have never heard of any manufacturer giving out service manuals (digital or hard copy) for free.  I have a YZ250 and had to pay for my service manual.   

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have never heard of any manufacturer giving out service manuals (digital or hard copy) for free.  I have a YZ250 and had to pay for my service manual. 
Should have googled first. I downloaded (from Yamaha) my manuals for my YZ250f and 450f.  
Edit, I looked into this a bit. It appears that Yamaha Australia, Mexico, and Europe provide free downloads of the service manuals. I did not find a comparable site hosted by Yamaha USA. 

'15 FJ09

This one was pretty readily available on the web. I will check with Yamaha to see if it is okay to share. We can say it is for educational purposes...

:-)

BTW, all my previous Yamaha bikes came with a service manual for free, hard copy.  All in the USA. I heard a rumor that the bikes are all delivered with hard copy service manuals and some dealers choose to sell them separately.  Hope that is not true.

• 5 months later...
This one was pretty readily available on the web. I will check with Yamaha to see if it is okay to share. We can say it is for educational purposes...  
:-)

BTW, all my previous Yamaha bikes came with a service manual for free, hard copy.  All in the USA. I heard a rumor that the bikes are all delivered with hard copy service manuals and some dealers choose to sell them separately.  Hope that is not true.

Filing this under things that have never happened to me despite buying double digits number of bikes new in the USA. 

Owner's Manual yes. Service or shop manual, always had to order and pay.