Service manual,hard copy

I should clarify this by saying that all my previous Yamaha bikes purchased from the dealer were all motocross bikes. No street bikes. And I did get a shop manual with all of them.  It is apparently delivered with each bike to the dealer.  The dealers then decide whether to sell them or give them to the customer who purchases the bike.

• 2 years later...
  • Supporting Member

I want to order a Service Manual but see the part number (LIT-11616-28-46) for the FJ-09 Service manual hasn't changed from 2015 to 2017, even though the "17 has a few differences. Anyone with a '17 manual know if it mentions the slipper clutch, traction control or changes in the display for clearing codes etc? How about the ebay digital download manual, are they easy to navigate?

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

How about the ebay digital download manual, are they easy to navigate?

Yep.  I got this

s-l400.jpg

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for...

...it's a Flash implementation of a PDF.  Not bad.  Table of contents are linked, it's indexed (so you can use search terms), it's pretty smooth.  Printable, can zoom in/out.

The clutch section seems comprehensive enough, but I don't see mention of the slipper clutch.

Edited by knyte

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member

Thanks guys,

Purchased the digital version from  seller smigbuyz on ebay. It was listed for $17, I put it on my watch list and they sent me a $9.48 offer which I accepted.

• Thumbsup 2