• Supporting Member

Ran across this video demo of a Yamaha Motoroid that showcases a self balancing prototype technology that could be implemented into future Yamaha motorcycles. One of the things that Fortnine's Niken video mentioned was a future where the huge front cowling of the Niken could ultimately house a self balancing mechanism similar to the functionality shown here. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

I didn't even consider a future drone bike with cameras issuing speeding citations. That would be a horrific but very possible evolution of the stationary speed cameras where they would just be watching everybody in traffic and just issuing speeding citations based upon displayed speed and displayed tags.

Municipalities could dramatically increase their revenues from moving violations alone using such tech and it wouldn't take long for small towns in urban areas to take advantage of something like that.

I'm glad that stationary speed cameras are only installed in few instances here in North Carolina - if NC had picked up adoption to what you see in downtown Sydney, Australia, I would be appalled. Sydney has speed cameras EVERYWHERE and a friend of mine got tagged there about 5 years ago by one. That ticket actually found her back in the U.S. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."