RAM X-Grip cel phone mount

Mounted mine just to the left of the hb mount on left side, ball on u bracket on the bottom aimed to the front.. Can see all the guages and phone is just inside of the stock shield, accessible to my left hand. They are a great mount! Power right there and cord is discreet zip tied to clutch cable. I also put an O ring over the male plug and rolled it down to hopefully deter water in the socket on the bike. Any other options there?

• 3 weeks later...
Hey @goldenpenquin, is this the bolt kit you used? 
Amazon Link

That is sweet!  I'm going to have to get 4 of those (2 for both bikes).

That looks just like it. I got it in a store so I don't remember what the exact part number was but that definitely looks like it. You'll still need the phone holder and extension piece though.

• 10 months later...
I have the same rig and I think it works great. I saw another MSF instructor this weekend on a Super Tenere with the same mount. It seems the newer ones, like mine, have a gel pad on the central X housing rather than just bare plastic and screws. His was scratching up the back of his phone, so he glued a small pad of leather to it...

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member
My second xgrip included a tether. They're available on Amazon for $4.49.
I just put velcro in the middle of the xgrip and on the back of my phone case. Very secure, and still easy to put on and remove.

• Premium Member
I installed one of these, and while I installed the RAM ball mirror mount (on the front brake master cylinder mirror mount, covered by a black vinyl cap for UV protection when not in use), I used the provided arm with the power port thru-bolt on the RAM 8mm handle bar riser bolt mount.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Navigation-Bracket-With-USB-Charge-Port-For-Yamaha-MT-09-MT-07-MT-03-FZ-07-FJ-09-/182370932314?hash=item2a7627965a
20161026_223755.jpg

20161026_223908.jpg

20161026_224133.jpg

20161026_224341.jpg

20161026_224721.jpg

Archived