• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

California is a motorcyclist paradise

duckie

I'm willing to test out this theory by riding every state. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

It is the amount and types of roads  that sets California apart from other states for motorcycle riding. 

Road such as:

Highway 1

peachy 

page mill

Stage road

pescodaro

gazo creek

Mines valley

and many more.

For me the best part would be not so much the amount of good roads, but the extended riding season!!  I live not too far from the Appalachian mountains where there are lots of fantastic roads but winter sucks around here.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I've only been riding for about 5 years now.  I'm 58 so I have a lot of catching up to do.  One of the main reasons to start riding was to be able to take some long trips and enjoy the wonderful roads we have in North America.  I live in Ontario but would love to ride through Ca and many other states when allowable.  Patience I guess.  Any map routes people can share would be awesome!

Be well and safe out there.

Joe

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, joe72t said:

I'm 58 so I have a lot of catching up to do.  One of the main reasons to start riding was to be able to take some long trips and enjoy the wonderful roads we have in North America.  Any map routes people can share would be awesome!

WAY too many roads to list but as a start, ANYTHING from the Rocky Mountain range out to the Pacific Ocean...  Unbelievably diverse terrain, from mountain pass highways well over 2 miles ASL to twisty roads through rocky canyons, deserts to rain forests and the entire pacific coast, not to mention North of the Canadian border up to the Arctic Ocean.  Better stock up on tires. 😎

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Yep, I lived in California for almost eight years when I was in the Navy and the riding there is truly the best. I love the riding in Oregon, too, but when I daydream about the perfect riding day my mind frequently wanders to the SoCal canyons or Sierra Nevada passes. 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 2:04 AM, duckie said:

It is the amount and types of roads  that sets California apart from other states for motorcycle riding. 

Road such as:

Highway 1

peachy 

page mill

Stage road

pescodaro

gazo creek

Mines valley

and many more.

You have probably lived in the bay area at some time. Some of the roads listed are local gems.

On 5/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, Old Bob said:

You have probably lived in the bay area at some time. Some of the roads listed are local gems.

Yep, came here in 73 by way of the Navy, station at Moffett Field playing with P3’s.