GAS IN THE SMOKIES

sabre85

Got a big trip planed for 9 riders this coming weekend, May 14 thru 18. If you folks in the area (Gatlinburg south to the Georgia-N C state line and east towards Ashville Lake Lure area) have any updates about gas availability it would be appreciated.

Went through this a few years ago and it was a bit of a hassle. I know it all depends on the pipeline folks gettin their act together, just hoping that you can shed some light on just how bad it is. The news makes it sound like there is a "gas apocalypse" but they just concentrate on the big towns. How is it so far out where the roads are?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

I logged on to hopefully find out some info on the gas situation also. I have a trip planned for the Smokies for the last week in May. Last night i was reading posts on the Tail of the Dragon Facebook page and it does not look good. 

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

Gas is sparse in the rural areas right now. I heard on a local Facebook group that Robbinsville is out.

Knoxville, at least my area (for now) is okay but I'm not sure how long that will last. If I were you OP, I would seriously consider postponing this one :(

• Sad 1

'15 FJ09

2 hours ago, metallion said:

I logged on to hopefully find out some info on the gas situation also. I have a trip planned for the Smokies for the last week in May. Last night i was reading posts on the Tail of the Dragon Facebook page and it does not look good. 

I would hope that by the end of May things will be back to "normal" in those areas.  Losing the pipeline just slowed distribution.. then the news said there might be shortages.. so the herd flocked to the gas stations to make sure that the shortage actually happened.. regardless just need some positive news about the pipeline and things should be back fairly quickly.

2 hours ago, sabre85 said:

Got a big trip planed for 9 riders this coming weekend, May 14 thru 18. If you folks in the area (Gatlinburg south to the Georgia-N C state line and east towards Ashville Lake Lure area) have any updates about gas availability it would be appreciated.

Went through this a few years ago and it was a bit of a hassle. I know it all depends on the pipeline folks gettin their act together, just hoping that you can shed some light on just how bad it is. The news makes it sound like there is a "gas apocalypse" but they just concentrate on the big towns. How is it so far out where the roads are?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Doubt there will be any improvement before the weekend.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I was headed up that way 1st week of june. North GA area to be exact. I may hold off a little longer. It was looking doubtful for me anyway before the pipeline issue. It has rained here so much the last month and half my inground swimming pool project for my wife is two weeks behind schedule right now. I can't leave until it is finished and landscaped around it. Plus the fencing needs to be up around it. Right now it is a muddy mess behind my house and the pool is no where near completed.😫

• Thumbsup 1

I live in Dayton, TN which is just north of Chattanooga. I noticed this morning that some stations are out and those with gas have long lines. Noticed several cars with GA plates waiting in line.

I live in the Asheville NC area.
Lot's of closed gas stations around here.
There may be some improvement by the weekend but I wouldn't count on it.

Edited by dpippin
  • Thumbsup 1