Another new old guy from Massachusetts

OK, I have to admit it.  I've been lurking here for almost 3 months.  Got immediately interested in this bike when I first heard about it and looked here for info.  In February, I went to Troy City Garage (Near Albany) and made a deal in 15 minutes by just confirming the email quote they had provided.  Met with the owner and he is a gentleman.  They had a gray one in stock, but I held out for a red one which was due in February.  That didn't happen, and the bike has just now delivered.  The side cases and heated grips are on back order.

It looks like I got a post recall production bike (VIN 001950), so that's good news.  Will look for a blue dot and let you know.

After I get the bike on Saturday, will see about a pic and some more info.  Thanks to all for a great forum!

Ain't

They have had good mechanics and they have had bad mechanics. I've been going there for years and have been happy. They have great prices, lots of parts in stock and they one mile away from me. I get in, get my stuff and get out. They don't like wasting time bs'ing. If you make fast easy transactions, they'll treat you well. What town are you in?

Brought the bike home today, missing hard cases and heated grips, and a certificate of origin.  Runs great, and I don't see any of the poor assembly issues some others have had.  Only item was the standard tight chain which took about 5 minutes to fix.  I think I'm gonna like this bike  :D

Here's the current collection:

img_8785-L.jpg

Let the forking begin.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Brought the bike home today, missing hard cases and heated grips, and a certificate of origin.  Runs great, and I don't see any of the poor assembly issues some others have had.  Only item was the standard tight chain which took about 5 minutes to fix.  I think I'm gonna like this bike  :D 
Here's the current collection:

img_8785-L.jpg

Let the forking begin.
Hi Bob: I spy a BMW R1200 R in there!   Just moved on myself from a 2013 camhead R (my fourth in a long line) to the FJ.   In time, I'd be very interested in your comparisons between the two.   I have mine, of course...! L of S

Archived