New owner south central Ontario

New member and FJ owner from Brighton Ontario. Still breakin in and adjusting to my new red Fj "transformer".
First bike I've owned with ABS and traction control. ABS doesn,t require much learning as it is usually goes unnoticed. Not true for TCS though, it really does control wheelspin and wheelies. Just starting to have confidence in accelerating  fairly hard while leaned over and not focusing completely on when the rear tire spins up and slides. As an ex-racer, this was always the most critically challenging aspect to quickly exciting corners. Have yet to  turn TCS off as I'm still breakin it in and getting used to it but so far its been a blast. Negatives to me so far are 1. hard seat. 2. tall for a street bike ( I'm 5'8") and 3. slight throttle up delay/hesitation in norm mode, and almost forget, chain was also too tight initially, but easily adjusted.  Otherwise, great bike for great price.
Next up are soft bags/ trunk carrier mods. Should be greater sport tourer!

Chris

Guest macem29
New member and FJ owner from Brighton Ontario. Still breakin in and adjusting to my new red Fj "transformer". First bike I've owned with ABS and traction control. ABS doesn,t require much learning as it is usually goes unnoticed. Not true for TCS though, it really does control wheelspin and wheelies. Just starting to have confidence in accelerating  fairly hard while leaned over and not focusing completely on when the rear tire spins up and slides. As an ex-racer, this was always the most critically challenging aspect to quickly exciting corners. Have yet to  turn TCS off as I'm still breakin it in and getting used to it but so far its been a blast. Negatives to me so far are 1. hard seat. 2. tall for a street bike ( I'm 5'8") and 3. slight throttle up delay/hesitation in norm mode, and almost forget, chain was also too tight initially, but easily adjusted.  Otherwise, great bike for great price.

Chris

I'm just east of you - Belleville, picking my my red bike next week....appreciate the feedback, will also be my first ABS/TC bike 
will be looking around for some luggage, don't like the Yamaha plastic stuff, black painted aluminum be my preference....anyway, good to see another Quinte region rider here

New member and FJ owner from Brighton Ontario. Still breakin in and adjusting to my new red Fj "transformer". First bike I've owned with ABS and traction control. ABS doesn,t require much learning as it is usually goes unnoticed. Not true for TCS though, it really does control wheelspin and wheelies. Just starting to have confidence in accelerating  fairly hard while leaned over and not focusing completely on when the rear tire spins up and slides. As an ex-racer, this was always the most critically challenging aspect to quickly exciting corners. Have yet to  turn TCS off as I'm still breakin it in and getting used to it but so far its been a blast. Negatives to me so far are 1. hard seat. 2. tall for a street bike ( I'm 5'8") and 3. slight throttle up delay/hesitation in norm mode, and almost forget, chain was also too tight initially, but easily adjusted.  Otherwise, great bike for great price.

Chris

Hey buddy! I am exactly the same height as you. How do you find the windshield?

Windsheild? Everybody has a different opinion on this one and understandably as people are different shapes or rather heights!! My opinion is with windsheild in either lo or high postion , wearing a full face helmet, facesheild up has buffeting around brow area. With face sheild down, all is fine though as others have said, a little noisy. Noticeable for me, as a Canadian rider commuting in cool mornings is that my neck area doesn,t get as cold as it did with my VFR honda due to better central wind coverage without having to slouch down. So, summing up, its definatly not a full dress touring windsheild, but I prefer it over not having any.

Guest eatpasta

Chris

Im sure a bunch of guys are curious to hear what an ex racer has to say about this bike as it reaches the limit. 
welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride!!

Archived