NJDevils1990: Old FZ-07 owner, soon to be FJ-09 owner.

njdevils1990

Well hello all, my name is Mike. I'm in New Castle County, Delaware (from Hunterdon County, New Jersey. I have been riding for 6 years come this May and have owned three bikes. My first was a 2003 Buell XB9R that I got into a wreck and sold, about a month after my wreck I got a 2009 Buell 1125CR that I had for two and a half years and put 20,000 mostly trouble free miles on. In August 2014 I bought my first new bike, a 2015 FZ-07 that I took all over from Ontario Canada to Key West, Florida. I unfortunately had to sell it due to my insurance doubled when I moved to Delaware six months ago. With spring time around the corner I got motivated to look at a new/used bike again. After looking online I narrowed it down to a used FZ-09 or a new FJ-09. Insurance further narrowed that down to the FJ-09 (more than half as much/year for the FJ as the FZ). I went to my dealer in New Jersey to look at one they had for sale. $9,400 out the door after delaware title fee and registration etc. I'd put $2,000 down and that will make my payments a few dollars less than my FZ-07 plus the cheaper insurance. I plan on buying one in the next 2-3 months so hopefully I will be able to contribute to the forum and meet/ride with some members in the short future. Thanks for taking the time to read my little intro. Happy riding all!

Archived