New Nebraska Owner

mbul

Greetings from the land of corn and tornadoes! My local dealer called and I pick up my new grey FJ 09 tomorrow! It has been a long wait. I haven't owned a bike in the last seven years. My last bikes were a 2006 Beta Rev 3 and a 2005 Kawasaki 1600 Vulcan. Now that my son is out of college and it is just me and the Mrs. my long drought is over. So after years of dreaming of BMW GS's, Triumph Tigers, KTM 1190's, V-Stroms, and even NC700's the new Yamaha caught my eye and I have been waiting to pull the trigger since last November. I don't think I will get a moments sleep tonight and work tomorrow will be misery, but all will be forgotten as soon as I get to swing my leg over the new ride!

Guest eatpasta
Greetings from the land of corn and tornadoes! My local dealer called and I pick up my new grey FJ 09 tomorrow! It has been a long wait. I haven't owned a bike in the last seven years. My last bikes were a 2006 Beta Rev 3 and a 2005 Kawasaki 1600 Vulcan. Now that my son is out of college and it is just me and the Mrs. my long drought is over. So after years of dreaming of BMW GS's, Triumph Tigers, KTM 1190's, V-Stroms, and even NC700's the new Yamaha caught my eye and I have been waiting to pull the trigger since last November. I don't think I will get a moments sleep tonight and work tomorrow will be misery, but all will be forgotten as soon as I get to swing my leg over the new ride!
 Cornadoes?

headscratch_zpsd1ethr7t.gif

lol8_zpsga4gz4fr.gif

Welcome to the site!!  Congrats on the new bike - Im sure you're itching like crazy to get in the saddle and do some miles.
    Im not sure you could have picked more different bikes than a Beta and a Vulcan....cheers on your diverse riding interests though!
     As a former 1150GSA owner for 10 years, I have to say the FJ is right up my alley as well.  I havent had the chance to go pick one up for myself but it is two hundred pounds lighter with roughly the same power.....so....you do the math

Picked it up tonight and put 80 miles on it. First impression is that it is light, shifts like a dream, and makes me want to ride more! Can't seem to wipe the permagrin off of my face!

• 2 months later...

Archived