New Owner from Boston, UK

madknive

Hi everyone from a new owner of the mighty MT09 Tracer from the UK.
I picked my red one up on the Sunday 1st March for a 15 plate.
Managed 630 miles before the first service on Friday of the same week, then on the following Sunday managed to break my ankle walking down my stairs and haven't been able to ride it since. Currently pining for the open road while the injury heals! :(

Here she is:
I opted for the following options:
Heated grips (Excellent so far)
Engine protectors
LED Pro indicators (No stock at Yamaha, still waiting for these!)
Yam luggage rack with Givi plate (Works well but I reckon the GIVI rack looks better)
Comfort seat (I wouldn't recommend this, as for £221 option, "comfort" is not how I would describe it!
The Rad protector I bought from Beowulf UK as the Yam one looked boring!
http://i.imgur.com/3kCxqFK.jpg

• Premium Member
Congrats on the bike, and sorry to hear about your ankle! Thanks for the input on the comfort seat. I was real close to ordering one, but may just wait and see what the aftermarket brings.
Heal fast.   

Jon

I would definitely see how you get on with the standard first.
I took the demo out for over 100miles on test and found myself a little uncomfortable by the end of it so that was why i ordered the comfort but I expected it to be more plush than it actually is! Now the bike is out, hopefully it won't be long before there is a good aftermarket non-Yam one.

• Premium Member
I would definitely see how you get on with the standard first. I took the demo out for over 100miles on test and found myself a little uncomfortable by the end of it so that was why i ordered the comfort but I expected it to be more plush than it actually is! Now the bike is out, hopefully it won't be long before there is a good aftermarket non-Yam one.

Oh, I already know I don't like the standard/stock seat. I did about 2600 miles in 6 days the end of march. I found it very hard and uncomfortable after about 300 miles. I rode my last bike a 2007 Honda CBR1000rr for 26000 miles with the stock seat and really didn't think much about it. Not so with the FJ. Others here don't seem to mind the stock seat though. Hurry up and get back to riding and let me know about the comfort seat. :) 
Jon

Archived