Bloody Snow

goatboss

Been away from biking for 5 years. Pretty excited to be picking up the fj today, but it snowed here:-( After some very nice weather here it had to snow on my delivery day. I have raced and primarily rode sport bikes before. I would say the closest bike i have owned to this was a cb 919. I wasn't fond of its suspension but still had a great time on it. I am a little worried about how the fj will handle. Does anyone know if it will at least be on par with the 919? I could live with that. I am excited at any rate and am glad i can find some great feed back here. Seems like a pretty friendly group.

Guest eatpasta
Been away from biking for 5 years. Pretty excited to be picking up the fj today, but it snowed here:-( After some very nice weather here it had to snow on my delivery day. I have raced and primarily rode sport bikes before. I would say the closest bike i have owned to this was a cb 919. I wasn't fond of its suspension but still had a great time on it. I am a little worried about how the fj will handle. Does anyone know if it will at least be on par with the 919? I could live with that. I am excited at any rate and am glad i can find some great feed back here. Seems like a pretty friendly group.
The suspension on the 599/919 was pretty budget, stock.  Also, those bikes are fairly old now.  Think about the advancements in suspension in the past 10 - 15 years.  Yes the FJ suspension is also stock suspension but Yamaha put a lot of work into getting it right with the FJ after what they learned from the FZ.  Many of the guys here have said that they are very happy with the stock suspension.    Congrats on the bike and I hope you're happy with it!

• 2 weeks later...
Let me know what your experience is. I have a 9ner too and looking to replace it. 
Cheers,
Todi

Archived