Tracer 9 2021 Yamaha Side Bags

Hi

I just bought a used set of Yamaha side bags (30L) for my Tracer9. Unfortunately the manual for assembly did not come along. My first question is if anyone has the instructions??

Second question. I found a Youtube video which pretty well describes how to install the bags but at 4:45 it seems as if a set of washers are added prior to mounting the rear foot-rest/bag fittings back on the frame.

My second question is if these are normal washers or if they are some special ones?? Again if only I had the manual for assembly I believe the answer to my question would be there.

The video showing the washers (video starts at time of installing them https://youtu.be/siE6oOYqjXg?t=282

Thanks in advance!

Just now, KrustyKush said:

I happen to be wrapping up new tire on my T9GT rear.  When I get back out there this morning, I'll take a look at that hardware and see if I can help you in some way.  I have no instructions, sorry.

Thanks that would be awesome. Hope the video was sufficient to describe the "washers" Im talking about :)

Ok I might have it at least partially figured out.  The bike in the video is "missing" a bracket on the left side, upon which is mounted the rear shock adjuster.  Apparently the bike in the video does not have the KYB suspension.  The bracket that mounts this suspension adjuster also apparently serves as "washer" for the larger pannier/pax footrest bracket.  Since there is no such bracket on the left side, for this particular bike, I'm guessing there is a need for a couple of washers to take its place.  One of the washers in the video appears to be a plastic, and the smaller one appears to be metal.  

In fact, in the video, the guy points to the right side bracket and wags his finger, apparently saying (I can't hear his voice, only the music) since the right side has the bracket holding the rear brake master cylinder, no washers are needed there.  

If the video bike had a support bracket for the rear suspension adjuster, on the left side, then no washers would be needed there, either.

I also looked into the shop manual for this bike.  No washers are indicated on either left or right side.  I suppose this is because of the small thin sandwiched brackets that hold the aforementioned devices: rear brake master cylinder on right side, and rear shock adjuster device on the left side.  Again, the bike in the video has no rear shock adjuster on the left side.  Hence the need for washers there to take up the space left by there being no sandwiched bracket in there.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KrustyKush said:

Ok I might have it at least partially figured out.  The bike in the video is "missing" a bracket on the left side, upon which is mounted the rear shock adjuster.  Apparently the bike in the video does not have the KYB suspension.  The bracket that mounts this suspension adjuster also apparently serves as "washer" for the larger pannier/pax footrest bracket.  Since there is no such bracket on the left side, for this particular bike, I'm guessing there is a need for a couple of washers to take its place.  One of the washers in the video appears to be a plastic, and the smaller one appears to be metal.  

In fact, in the video, the guy points to the right side bracket and wags his finger, apparently saying (I can't hear his voice, only the music) since the right side has the bracket holding the rear brake master cylinder, no washers are needed there.  

If the video bike had a support bracket for the rear suspension adjuster, on the left side, then no washers would be needed there, either.

I also looked into the shop manual for this bike.  No washers are indicated on either left or right side.  I suppose this is because of the small thin sandwiched brackets that hold the aforementioned devices: rear brake master cylinder on right side, and rear shock adjuster device on the left side.  Again, the bike in the video has no rear shock adjuster on the left side.  Hence the need for washers there to take up the space left by there being no sandwiched bracket in there.

Thanks. My bike is the same as the one in the video (not GT, hence no KYB suspension) so I guess I need those washers on the left side as well. Do you consider these to be standard 1-2mm washers like these?

https://www.biltema.dk/en-dk/construction/fixing-elements/washers/washer-assortment-250-pack-2000017240

Just now, KrustyKush said:

Hold on, let me measure the thickness of the bracket...

Thanks...and if I can ask for one more thing...

Im not very skilled in terms of mechanichs etc...I'm a software programmer just trying to make my way and learn along the way. Furthermore my native language is not english...so what I want to ask if it is not too much. Could you make a picture of what you mean when you say "bracket"...just so I know what it is :)

The left side bracket is 4mm thick.  The right side bracket, the one that holds the rear brake master cylinder, is 2mm thick.

I suppose you could find a couple of 4mm thick metal, suggest aluminum, washers to use on the left side in place of the missing shock adjuster bracket.

Your English is nearly perfect.  I'm not a mechanic, either.  I just putter in the garage.  Mostly I make a lot of mistakes that need to be fixed.  Yesterday while changing my rear tire, I dropped my wheel onto the top plate of the tire changer and put some nasty scratches into it.  I'm over it.

So, a "bracket" is a general term.  On a motorcycle, it is anything that has as its main purpose to hold something else.  Look at the right side, see the 2mm thick "bracket" that is sandwiched between the subframe tube, and the larger pax footpeg "bracket".  That is my crude understanding of the word "bracket"

• Thanks 1