Finally brought mine home Pittsburgh PA Area

Finally brought my FJ home.  Made the decision thanks to these forums and the one I happened to walk by at a dealership buying a helmet (was not in the market for a new bike).  Been lurking a bit and posting here and there but brought it home today.  Here is the picture of my Matte Gray FJ.  
IMG_0452.jpg

Went for a short 50 mile ride today and snapped a couple shots of the bike.  It looks good wherever it is parked.  Had a couple kids pull up next to me giving me thumbs up, and generally just excited about it.  

IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg

Hillview seems like a great place, nice to see so many riders in the area.  I thought i would be a bit more special with this bike, but Hillview alone told me they have already sold 9 bikes before mine.  I'm happy with Hillview and my bike, already ordered my rack, grips, and unpainted fjr bags through them for my 15% discount.  They had the painted fjr bags for over 600 each but i gave them the part number for the unpainted bags and they were cheaper than the city hard bags designed for the fj.  
Edit: Since i'm here, may as well add a photo

IMG_0472.jpg

Where are some of YINZ favorite roads around? I prefer the North Hills or if I am feeling adventurous I'll shoot out to 7 springs.
Haven't been in the area or riding for too long, but I live on the east side and tend to stick further east.  286 (the saltsburg part of it) out to 819 is a nice ride.  I tend to go off on back/side roads more often than stick to main roads although early in the year their is a lot of gravel (that's what got me into trouble on my last bike). 
Recently I did a great ride getting on Traford rd in Murrysville, coming west on 130 then south on 48.  This was a really enjoyable ride until 51 and decided to go around the other side of the city.  Ohiopyle is a great ride as well, just south of 7 springs.  I'm from Western NY, so i've done a couple trips up that way through Allegheny (and we camp here once a year at least) and there are some great routes through here.  My favorite road so far is up this way near Kinzua called the longhouse scenic ride.  I've also come back down 8 for a more straight shot starting at lake Erie, and that is a really nice ride that brings you almost the whole way to the burgh.  

Where are some of YINZ favorite roads around? I prefer the North Hills or if I am feeling adventurous I'll shoot out to 7 springs.

30 is fantastic. Head out east past Ligonier for the "Lincoln Highway expirience" there's some dull spots, but once you get up over that first mountain and get into the fun bits the road is a blast. You can always stop and pay your respects at the flight 93 Memorial and there's a freaking restaurant that's a castle, a legit castle, it's a blast. Plus there's plenty of coal towns tucked away in those Hills with wonderful bed and breakfasts, and it's got some great old towns with wonderful historic sites and mini museums. 30 really is fantastic. You can also head up 28 North till it ends, get up past where 422 ends in Kittanning and it turns into just 28 the road and surroundings slowly turn more and more beautiful. I'd highly recommend taking 210 up across 80 and heading to Bradford. That ride is desolate, and beautiful, and again, lots of historic towns along the way. As mentioned below, hit Ohio Pyle, that area is beautiful, my cousin was a river guide down there for years so I spent a lot of time there, I actually proposed to my girlfriend at cucumber falls, you can always see falling water while you're there too, and there's plenty of camp sites. I love getting lost in the laurel Highlands in general, I just go until I feel lost enough then turn on the GPS and head home. I could go on and on, but I don't want to clutter the thread! So many great roads in these back woods!

I am -burgher - stranded in Houston for 25 years now. Lots of family still in Bridgeville, Washington, Waynesburg area. I plan to truck the bike up this Summer to get out of the TX heat for a few weeks.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y334/pt_crytzer/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0282_zpshhznivyj.jpg

After some hiccups, finally got the bike this past Tuesday, already 250 miles on it and I'm in love. This at the begging of one of my favorite roads. Got a little overzealous with the new tires. Had a few squeaky trips around a couple of my favorite turns.

Happy to finally be, officially, part of the family.

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y334/pt_crytzer/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0282_zpshhznivyj.jpg 
After some hiccups, finally got the bike this past Tuesday, already 250 miles on it and I'm in love. This at the begging of one of my favorite roads. Got a little overzealous with the new tires. Had a few squeaky trips around a couple of my favorite turns.

Happy to finally be, officially, part of the family.
Welcome, odisspunkmuer 

Archived