Shad SH45 Top case with Shad rear rack

I didnt like the branding "SHAD" on my side case either.
I removed the badges then sanded the lettering down until it was just black plastic then put white reflective adhesive on the badge and reinstalled. Looks much better. I also removed the bag mounting brackets and cut off about an inch off the flanges and re-welded. Side case are about 3" narrower now. 

That looks amazing!

I have been looking for a top case for storage as well as for a backrest for my girlfriend when we ride two up, and I really like the look of the SH45, but according to specs, it seems that the case can only hold around 7Lbs of gear. If so, that leads me to believe that the mounting is very weak, and therefore not very sturdy to use as a backrest, despite Shad offering a padding kit for the case.

What is your verdict of how strong the mounting is, and would you trust your significant other leaning on it, especially during hard acceleration, etc.?

Also, where did you pick yours up? I think I saw Shad offer a rack/box combo price, but I work at a car dealer so I'm also always looking for "the best price" and haven't seen any other distributors offer this combo, or the SH45 for that matter at a good price.

Thanks for your input!

Hello, actually the shad box capacity is 6 kg which is 13 pounds. I compared that against the Yamaha 50 litre box which is rated for only 5kg. Also I liked this Shad box as at anytime I can also add the shad side boxes without issues.
As far as leaning for the passenger, I cant tell and for sure wont try the limits of the setup with anyone on the back!
I bought mine from yamahagenuineparts.com

Archived