New maybe future owner in Vegas

Hi Everyone!
My names Mike and I'm a Motorcycle Junkie with the FJ-09 as my next possible bike, toss up of this the new 1000 Versys or another 1000 Vstrom.
Currently have 2 Vstroms in the garage, a 2007 DL650 and 2006 DL1000 that Ive logged about 80K miles on.
My Bro-Inlaw is a proud owner of one of these Beasts and it has gotten my attention.
Look forward to all the info i can pickup.
Also if your in the Vegas area and dont mind riding with a Vstrom shoot me a message.
Mike

• 1 month later...
So I rode one at the IMS in Long Beach.
Hard in the short distance in traffic at 4 on a Saturday and road construction to get a good feel for this bike.
But with some mod's I could get used to it.
I did have problems with getting used to peg position more behind me than my Vstroms.
But that would change with more seat time.
Next November is my target date so I'm going to try and ride again at the Phoenix IMS and maybe get some time on the Tenere.
Wish I could rent one for a day and really put in some miles.
Mike

Cool. Let us know how it goes. If I do a motorcycle trip out west, it may be nice to fly into LA and rent something I'm familiar with instead of wasting nearly 4 days of my trip crossing the plains and back. The thought has crossed my mind to ship my bike out there as well. Depending on how much that costs, I may as well put the miles on someone else's bike.

I think shipping would be dependent on how many days you were looking at.
I have heard about 500 bucks to ship cross country.
Round trip probably a Grand, but it would also make a difference how much mileage and days you planned on clocking.
I would do the unlimited mileage upgrade since 600 miles a day is not out of my norm.
Mike

Cool. Let us know how it goes. If I do a motorcycle trip out west, it may be nice to fly into LA and rent something I'm familiar with instead of wasting nearly 4 days of my trip crossing the plains and back. The thought has crossed my mind to ship my bike out there as well. Depending on how much that costs, I may as well put the miles on someone else's bike.

Archived