road trip?

I'm looking for some road and weather info. my plan is to leave bakersfield cal. next Wednesday feb 17th .my concerns are going highway 178 into death valley and then through vegas to Sedona Arizona. another area of concern is the grand canyon north rim. obviously i want to avoid snow and icy roads and it would be nice to camp a little as well but i don't want to freeze my ass off(insert you Canadian joke here) if anyone has first hand knowledge in these areas please let me know. thank

I'm looking for some road and weather info. my plan is to leave bakersfield cal. next Wednesday feb 17th .my concerns are going highway 178 into death valley and then through vegas to Sedona Arizona. another area of concern is the grand canyon north rim. obviously i want to avoid snow and icy roads and it would be nice to camp a little as well but i don't want to freeze my ass off(insert you Canadian joke here) if anyone has first hand knowledge in these areas please let me know. thank
I went through DV a couple weeks ago on 190.  It was great, I wish I had my bike.  The North Rim won't open until around May 15.  You might want to look for another destination further south.  South Rim is open all year, I think.  Remember, these areas are like 8,000 feet and it is cold until June or July.  Good luck.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived