New to the FJ World

gotfolk

I've been lurking on here for sometime now getting as much info as I could before going and getting my FJ (Gray) this past Saturday was a 2015 left over and it appears I got her for a great deal.

I am from Maine originally and grew up with 4wheelers, dirtbikes, snowmobiles, and since moving to Florida 14 years ago this is my 2nd motorcycle started off with a 2005 R6.  But I felt the FJ is a much better bike for my son and I to go out on adventures.

Due to some great posts here on FJ-09 forums I have already ordered:
Higdonion skid/cage
Flush mount blinkers
Integrated tail/blinker
The cheap ebay fender eliminator
ASV Levers (I've always been a fan of theirs and have had them on everything)
Shad SH48 with the back rests for my son

I am hoping all of these parts come in this weekend and since I just ordered the Higdonion cage/skid I will probably be getting that next week.  Just noticed earlier tonight he's a member on here.  Badass Work!!

I still need to grab a radiator guard...

I have been a member on different forums dating back to the 90's and def know how to use that search button.  Just wanted to take a second to thank everyone on here for the great info and great forum you guys got going on.  

Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to the forum.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Busy Saturday 
Installed today Asv levers............

Your ASV's look to be the shorty's? Any clearance problems on either side?
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Busy Saturday 
Installed today Asv levers............

Your ASV's look to be the shorty's? Any clearance problems on either side?
Non shorty's / normal length.  

No clearance issues due to how close I keep them..  (dont have the largest hands)  But they do not Open Up per say the entire way like they do on my R6.  Meaning for them to bend backwards.. They end up hitting the hand guards. (Hopefully I'll never need the guards to protect them or for them to bend backwars lol)  

I have always preferred their adjuster wheel over the clicker adjustment type levers CRG knock off's ect..

Archived