Best Windscreen and Why thread.

Guest bruinfj09guy

Guest bruinfj09guy
Alright guys. Let's keep this simple.

What is the windscreen you like best and why?

Please list screen, your height, and helmet used.

I use the HJC RPHA ST and I have an Erma sport, a calsci med, and a Vstream sport. I'm 5'10, and there is no clear winner. In fact, I had the stock on again for a bit as it gave me less buffeting even though it was still noisy.

I'm wondering if a better helmet is in order for me. Might try the GT Air sometime in the near future.

Givi d2122s, 5'8, Shoei GT Air. Windscreen throws wind dead in the middle of my head, so I fitted a Puig deflector and now I have almost no buffeting, making riding much more enjoyable. 

Absolutely love the GT Air, super comfortable, vents well, built in sun visor is great, and pin lock actually works, my helmet never fogs. 
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

Puig touring screen with deflector. I'm 6'0" and wear a HJC FG-17. Even set to medium height no buffeting, the wind just barely catches the top of the helmet about were the vents are so I still get good air flow. I am able to have my visor open at highway speeds no problem.

I contacted Puig and got a set of hand guard displacers so that I could keep the stock hand guard covers. I will say that the screen does flex a bit of you are in turbulent air, but I've gotten used to it and it doesn't affect function.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

6'2", MSR Expedition Dual Sport helmet, V-Stream Sport-Touring windscreen. Been doing research because I get a lot of front end movement on the highway, may remove the windscreen for the warmer months and reinstall during the colder months. Other than that I have zero buffeting with windscreen set at lowest position.

I have a CalSci size large and I wear an Arai Signet-Q and HJC Rpha 10. I'm 6'0" (184cm), I ride with the seat on the lower position and I'm very pleased. I even ride with the visor opened. Not completely quiet but this is not a touring bike either.

Just put a Puig touring screen on my wife's '15 FJ09 and have one in the box waiting to go on mine. Took my wife's bike for a ride today and liked the Puig. I'm 5'10", 32" inseam and wear a Shoei RF1200. Much quieter than the stock screen for sure but not super quiet. Got the bike up to an indicated 114 and no problem with the handling. Still pretty smooth behind the screen. Should be nice for long trips.

Archived