Hopefully a soon to be FJ-09 owner

effjay

• Premium Member
My name is Steve and I currently enjoy a 97 VFR and a 2012 Street Triple.  I'm really looking to turn those two into one FJ in the very near future though.  I'll post pics when I do the thing.  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

So I finally got around to unloading the Triumph and picking up a leftover 2015 red FJ. I got it home for a thorough going over of fluids, fasteners, controls, etc. The front tire had 18 psi, the rear had 22, and the chain was offensively tight. These items were addressed and it was good to go...then the sky opened up. Boo.

4643648.jpg

• Premium Member
@effjay congrats! I had a 2013 Street Triple, and I was happy to move to the FJ. They even overlapped for a few months.

The FJ's song is not quite as sweet as the Triumph's, but I believe that I prefer it in every other way. The big bottom-end is tamed by the traction/wheelie control. The seat is long enough to allow a variety of sitting positions. The pillion is almost too big--smaller ones are much more warm and cozy!

Lots of good options for luggage, too, if that's your thing. IMO top box is a game-changer, because it means that you don't have to carry all your stuff around with you.

Enjoy!

PS Red is, in fact, the fastest color. Clearly you were aware of that. I commend you on your excellent choice of color.

• Premium Member
Thanks, I'm sure I will enjoy it.  The Street R was a great bike with a lively engine and well sorted brakes and suspension.  The older I get though, the less I can tolerate hips and knees being so closed up on longer trips .  Enter the FJ.  First impressions are that the cockpit is well laid out and super comfy and the triple is all that it has been described to be.  I can't wait to add a bunch of stuff to it...namely, miles.

Archived