FZ-09 Seat on an FJ

Guest highplainsrider

Guest highplainsrider
Has anyone tried it? I miss the ability to stretch out on a single piece seat. I just did a 1500 mile ride from Colorado to Nevada and back. The stock seat wasn't all that bad until about 8 hours into the ride. My knees started to get really uncomfortable from the locked in riding position.

I've had both bikes, and the FZ seat is much less comfortable in the long run than the FJ design.

But if you like a long dirt bike style, just buy the Corbin, or better than that, get a local upholstery shop to build you a one piece out of your two stock seat pans. Just screw them together, should not be too hard, and it would release with just the key if you use the rear seat as the "lock in point" and the front height adjustment part to secure the seat at the tank.

Could smooth over the transition between seats, build up more foam if you want it for comfort, and all sorts of seat modifications that would allow you to move forward or back while riding.

I'd add some road pegs out front, and really give you options to change positions on long rides with both your body and legs.

Archived