ACF 50

Anyone using ACF 50 anti-corrosion spray on their FJ? The reviews seem good and mine has to live outside under a cover so I'm looking for something to help avoid alloy furring etc. I'm also wondering if it can be used to avoid chain rusting, in addition to chain lube?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Yep. I use it (and on my car). It isn't cheap though. But it is bloody good!

1. The secret is to apply it as a mist. Heat up the container so it has a very low viscosity - if you have access to a compressor and spray use that. If not buy the aerosol can and keep the can in a bucket of hot water to warm it up.

2. Clean your bike then spray all over. Spend more time and effort on the bits you can't see. Cavities and out of the way places.

3. DO NOT GET IT ON BRAKING SURFACES!

4. Once on, for the winter don't even bother washing your bike.

5. ACF-50 acts as an anode. So it breaks down rather than the aluminium (especially so if using Stainless bolts - I would never do that!!)

6. Spring time, just wash and clean the bits you can see, and leave the ACF-50 in the hidden areas.

Final point, the thinner you put it on the better - dirt does stick to it, so it does look scruffy after a while if you've stuck it on too thick - as long as everything is covered it only needs to be a micron thick.

Other first class products BTW are made by Bilt Hamber (extremely good products IMHO) https://www.bilthamber.com/

Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

PS. Pre-ACF-50 I used to use Scottoiler FS365. There really is no comparison, chalk n cheese. ACF-50 really is the best thing since sliced bread.
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

There is also a new one called XCP Rust Blocker. Not used it but their tests (I know they can be fabricated, but it's a lot at stake if they blatantly lie) show it is better than ACF (I use ACF and thought it was amazing!!)

Archived