New Guy

armyeod

Guest eatpasta
New guy here from York, PA area. I traded my 2003 V-Rod for a new FJ.  I have not picked it up yet; because I have to wait for the recall part and fix.
Can't wait to ride.
What a great trade up!!  Im sure you're going to miss that V-Rod engine a little but what you lose in outright power, you'll make up in suspension, handling and......wait for it..... CORNERING CLEARANCE! 
clap_zpsfgkaxqyi.gif

I test rode a V-Rod once and I dragged the pegs pulling out of the dealership.

eek7_zpspnnur1kp.gif

I knew RIGHT AWAY it was totally wrong for me - but that motor - that motor is awesome.  It just needs to not be in that frame.

• 2 weeks later...
FJ09 Newbie. Put 2,000 miles on my new Goldwing F6B and very happy with comfort but I wasn't smiling very much. After reading a few articles I had to take an FJ for a test ride. I grinned like a fool with each twist of the throttle and curve in the road. I'm waiting for the factory recall before I pick it up but I cant wait.

• Premium Member
FJ09 Newbie. Put 2,000 miles on my new Goldwing F6B and very happy with comfort but I wasn't smiling very much. After reading a few articles I had to take an FJ for a test ride. I grinned like a fool with each twist of the throttle and curve in the road. I'm waiting for the factory recall before I pick it up but I cant wait.
I swear the FJ makes people feel like they're kids again.  I literally giggle every time I take it out, and I am not even through break-in yet. 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Well I picked up the FJ on Saturday. What a great machine. My transition from the V-Rod is not bad. Some impressions and thoughts here.
Seat: will take some getting used to but not bad. I had a Ducati Multistrada that was similar.
Power: Fantastic. Great low and mid range power. Just have to roll on the throttle. That is what I was looking for. It is fast enough for me. Also, I love the quiet engine/pipe compared to the HD. I do not need a loud bike.
Windscreen: Is PERFECT for me. I read lots of info here on the windshield.
Performance and technology is fantastic. Handles great and love the ABS and TC and Modes. The seat is high compared to the HD but I get used to that quickly as I have owned other normal bikes.
Fuel economy is fantastic.
Waiting of the hard bags to arrive. That is a great feature of this bike. I have a Joe Rocket magnetic tank bag that is perfect for this bike.
So I only have put about 150 miles on her, so I have lots of time to really figure this machine out.

I literally did the same thing. A buddy and I use comm's and I was laughing at what this bike could do when I was doing my break-in cycles.

Archived