2016 FJ-09 Codes and help to understand!

Tracer Racer

Hi all, 

I am new to this group and i recently bought my first Tracer. a 2016 with 15k miles on it. 

While looking at the Diag menu, i noticed plenty of numbers going there and i am hoping i could get some help figuring out what is going on. 

Diag 1 Data 16

Diag 3 Data 101

Diag 4 Data 100

Diag 5 Data 53

Diag 6 Data 64

Diag 7 Data 0

Diag 8 Data 6

Diag 9 Data 121

Diag 13 Data 15

Diag 14 Data 18

Diag 15 Data 18

Diag 16 Data 0

Diag 61 Data 19

Diag 62 Data 4

Diag 63 Data 42

Dag 67 Data 2

Diag 70 Data 1

Any help with these codes and how to fix the bike is much appreciated!!!!

Service manual. Also there’s info here:

DIAG mode channel 61 and 62 are the code numbers that have occurred and how many codes have been REPAIRED (or are not active anymore, as far as the ECM Is concerned). This is KEY to understanding how the DIAG on board system works.

If you stay on channel 61 for a moment, the numbers will change to reflect each of the 4 occurrences. 19, for example is just one of the 4 and if you watch the data for a second, it will cycle through all 4 occurrences.  

cycle the start/off/run switch while viewing channel 62 data (in your case 4) to clear the codes from memory (don’t press the switch too far so that you actuate the “Start” function of the button or DIAG mode will kick you out and you’ll have to start over. Toggle it from Run to Off to Run and the number will change to 0 (for zero occurrences).

Best to do all this with a battery tender connected.  If the bike still won’t start, crank it for 5 seconds with the sidestand down and tell us which number appears on the display.  That is the ACTIVE code number that has NOT been repaired and MAY be the reason the bike won’t start. 
HTH,

-skip

• Thumbsup 2