Tracer 2015 OBD Protocol

kirgudu

Hello, friends! I just have 069 error on LCD display (front wheel ABS, The error appears, then i clean chain on central stand). I try to connect ECU via OBD2 (BT obd2 v1.5 adapter), but unsuccessful. Torque Pro and Carscanner Pro cannot connect to ECU. Adapter works fine with other vehicles.

What protocol use ECU on Tracer 2015 or may bee needed special setting? Or BT obd2 v.1.5 adapter not compatible?

Edited by kirgudu

• Premium Member

The plug under the seat does not function for OBD2 connection on the 15 & 16 (can't remember if the 17 also) unfortunately.   I spent $100 on a very nice Wifi (or is it BT) adapter and cable, and tried then found out.  The plug only works with Yamaha hardware.

However, the 15 & 16 (17?) have something later years don't have, built-in trouble code reading and clearing!  You can also tweak the TPS (if I recall correctly) but for sure, and most importantly, the APS settings to smooth out throttle response.  You should obtain a Service Manual and do a forum search for how to adjust the APS.  All through manipulating the onboard buttons and switches!  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Oh, and can you kindly ask Vladimir to chill out, take his shirt off while riding one of his horses, then lay on a nice hot beach and have Margarita or 3; and let all your fine boys in uniform on the Ukraine border go home immediately so they can relax with family and friends and watch the Superbowl?!

I'm sure he'd listen to you.

20 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Oh, and can you kindly ask Vladimir to chill out, take his shirt off while riding one of his horses, then lay on a nice hot beach and have Margarita or 3; and let all your fine boys in uniform on the Ukraine border go home immediately so they can relax with family and friends and watch the Superbowl?!

I'm sure he'd listen to you.

Vladimir... He is not our president, he is not president of Russian peoples. He is president of oligarchs, big business and large capital. His rating is very pathetic.

I think this is nothing more than a theatrical performance to further enslave people on both sides of the barricades

Edited by kirgudu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

You better be careful what you post online, Vladimir is very sensitive to criticism...

Did you run the engine while on the center stand?

Next I go out to my shop where I keep the service manual, I'll look up error code 69 for you.

Coincidentally, poor Nickey Hayden's #, may he be getting in lots of time on that big track in the sky!

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

You better be careful what you post online, Vladimir is very sensitive to criticism...

Did you run the engine while on the center stand?

Next I go out to my shop where I keep the service manual, I'll look up error code 69 for you.

Coincidentally, poor Nickey Hayden's #, may he be getting in lots of time on that big track in the sky!

Yeee, I run engine on first gear for clean chain with KettenMax, after it I have 069 error (Front ABS sensor error). It cleans only after drive? No need to clear Check Engine codes on dealer?

Edited by kirgudu