Hello from Michigan

I went to a local dealer and saw an FJ09 for the first time.  I was convinced from the specs data that I would not be able to "flat foot" on this bike.  When the suspension compresses a bit; I can just barely do it.  So I'm still thinking it over.  I have 6 bikes in the garage right now but I'm overdue for a new one.  The seat seemed a little flimsey.  It was locked in position but it would shift around slightly when I pushed on it.  I thought maybe the dealer did not set it up right.

Anyway .... Hi everybody ... I'll keep listening and learning from y'all in order to make the big decision.  I want to thank those that recomended Honda East in Toledo.  That's where I'll be going if I buy.

PS ... I won't be online again until Monday, May 4th.  I'll answer any questions and start getting involved then.  Have a great weekend.

Welcome. There's been a lot of discussion on the seat here on other threads. It can be tricky to get on right if you're not used to it.

What other bikes do you have? Test drive the FJ. I find bikes are very personal. What works for me may not work for you. So far for me the FJ has been great. What few issues I have with it I think are fixable and I would likely have to do some sort of fixing on any bike.

Thanks for the welcome, "root".  My current bikes are:

2000 Sportster 1200C - Street
2000 CBR929RR - Street
2001 Bandit 1200S - Street
2004 CBR600RR - Race Track Only
1992 CBR600F2 - Race Track Only
2001 KE 100 (Kaw) - 2 stroke duel sport

My biggest concern about the FJ09 is the seat height.  It's easy for me to back up and maneuver all my bikes.  I could see this bike getting away from me while stopped on gravel with a side to side slope.  Maybe the 1/2" lower seat would eliminate this concern.

In the meantime; I'll keep learning as much as I can to make an informed decision. 

Thanks for the welcome, "root".  My current bikes are: 
2000 Sportster 1200C - Street
2000 CBR929RR - Street
2001 Bandit 1200S - Street
2004 CBR600RR - Race Track Only
1992 CBR600F2 - Race Track Only
2001 KE 100 (Kaw) - 2 stroke duel sport

My biggest concern about the FJ09 is the seat height.  It's easy for me to back up and maneuver all my bikes.  I could see this bike getting away from me while stopped on gravel with a side to side slope.  Maybe the 1/2" lower seat would eliminate this concern.

In the meantime; I'll keep learning as much as I can to make an informed decision. 

It would be a good idea for you to test drive the bike. It's a pretty light bike and the weight is balanced really well. I had many more issues similar to what you describe on a HD Ultra Limited I rented due to how heavy it was even though the seat is quite a bit lower on it. You will only know if this will be an issue for you if you drive it though. Everyone is different.

Archived