• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Riding with Passenger

Hey guys, what are your thoughts/experiences with riding with a passenger on the Fj-09? I've had my 120 lb wifey on the back for just a short ride so far and it sure does seem like she's pushing the center of gravity way up high the way the back seat is positioned...I'm coming off riding a cruiser so it wasn't so much of an issue with that bike...Also, the back end seems to kick pretty good over the bigger bumps, so so far I'm not feeling real comfortable with her back there...Thanks for the input.

Hi Ed
I have done several long distance runs with my missus plus saddle bags loaded we all up would be very close if not over GLW have found the bike more than capable, ample power and very compliant handling wise ,she has commented on how comfortable it is to ride on we are both 6 ' and had no problems with room etc.
All I did was adjust all the suspension settings to their max had no problems with bouncy rear end,hope this is of some help to you.Just remember to get yr wife to smoothly board the bike and make sure that you are prepared for her when she does
Mark

I've done a few rides with a pillion on stock suspension setting and found the bike handled better! Bike seemed less harsh to me. My pillion said she moves a lot less than on my old bike (aprilia tuono) when we go over bumps. She used to slide forwards on that one.

The centre of gravity is always going to go up but you do get used to it. I only notice at slow speeds & stops. It probably handles the weight better than my tuono did too.

I haven't had a passenger on my bike yet but I'm guessing your suspension might be set up wrong is why you're having trouble. My bike came delivered with the front preload too soft and the rear too hard. Got it adjusted and it made a big difference.

I have a whole thread about it somewhere... eh oh well...

This bike is great, even with a passenger. At first it was difficult to get the girl to ride with me, lately shes been asking to go out on rides the past couple weeks. Thats a first for me, so I'll take it as a plus one for this bike.

Something I did while I got accustomed to the bike with the passenger was switch it over to B mode. Minor change, but it really helps with the smoothed out throttle if you don't have a reflash.
Next time I'm out I'll pay more attention to harsh bumps, I really haven't noticed other than leaning the bike far enough to drag my toes even with the lady on the back.

Archived