New from Hawaii!

Just picked her up on special order on Oahu :D.

http://imgur.com/1PkTjfr

Was a bit of a wait and had to fill up right away since the dealership could only put in a quarter of a tank.

Really love it so far on my 15 mile trip home. Kept it slow and didn't lean much in the turns since it was raining, new slick tires, and the dreaded break in. Still was an addictive ride.

My last bike was a 07 Ninja 650r so even in B mode under 6k rpm, this thing is amazing.

The seat is a bit hard though so far, even after 30 minutes. The suspension is a bit stiff as well. And it's a tall bike! Even at the lowest seat position, and I'm 6'2, I can't flat foot all the time it seems. I have a 33 inseam.

Can't wait to ride tomorrow :D

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
The seat is a bit hard though so far, even after 30 minutes. The suspension is a bit stiff as well. And it's a tall bike! Even at the lowest seat position, and I'm 6'2, I can't flat foot all the time it seems. I have a 33 inseam.

Stiff suspension and seat hard?  Join the club - but also see special offer on a new 'comfort' DIY seat foam + cover here - <Seat Concepts>.  Supporting vendor has a current offer of 30% off - but be quick, offer ends soon. I am 5'10", 31", can flat-foot both sides easily enough. Are you sure your seat is in 'low'?   Not that the 15mm difference should account for much.
Enjoy the bike!
Lawrence of Suburbia [em] (‘39 model)
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia

2015 Matte Grey Tracer – now at 1240 km
[/em]

Guest rszk
Awesome! Now I need a scenic photo of the ocean and your awesome roads. I love Hawaii.Congrats!

Guest eatpasta
Just picked her up on special order on Oahu :D

Was a bit of a wait and had to fill up right away since the dealership could only put in a quarter of a tank.

Really love it so far on my 15 mile trip home. Kept it slow and didn't lean much in the turns since it was raining, new slick tires, and the dreaded break in. Still was an addictive ride.

My last bike was a 07 Ninja 650r so even in B mode under 6k rpm, this thing is amazing.

How does it work in Oahu with all the traffic - do the cops turn their head when you lane split?  I remember the last time i was out there the traffic was horrifying around Waikiki just because there's no place for the cars to go, so I would just assume that you split lanes.

Welcome to the site!!

1PkTjfr.jpg

Just picked her up on special order on Oahu :D

How does it work in Oahu with all the traffic - do the cops turn their head when you lane split?  I remember the last time i was out there the traffic was horrifying around Waikiki just because there's no place for the cars to go, so I would just assume that you split lanes.  
 Welcome to the site!!

Haven't ran into any cops yet, but most people don't really lane split here since it's illegal and what not. I live in Mililani so the traffic I deal with is usually west bound on the H1 on my way home from work. It hasn't been too bad, but conditioned myself to deal with it since moving here. 

Archived