OIL level window

This is probably a stupid question - I've never paid much attention to the oil level window, but took a look last weekend and I can't make out where the oil level actually is... it's just all milky grey plastic. Am I missing something?

It needs to be level, so put it on the center stand and shine a flash light on it. If it is all blacked out its over filled.

I had another look - on the centre stand I can't see the level, but on its side stand I can, just, if I give the bike a bit of a wobble. It's all the way at the top. The FULL line is half way in the window. Can it be TOO full, 'cos this seems to be as full as it can get

It needs to be level, so put it on the center stand and shine a flash light on it. If it is all blacked out its over filled.
I had another look - on the centre stand I can't see the level, but on its side stand I can, just, if I give the bike a bit of a wobble. It's all the way at the top. The FULL line is half way in the window. Can it be TOO full, 'cos this seems to be as full as it can get

I knew i was being an idiot. Looking at the wrong window, doh!

Sounds like it is too full, because the oil level should be below the top of the glass when it's on the center stand.

From the Owners Manual:
1. Place the vehicle on the center-stand. A slight tilt to the side can result in a false reading.
2. Start the engine, warm it up for several minutes, and then turn it off.
3. Wait a few minutes until the oil settles, and then check the oil level through the engine oil level check window located at the bottom-right side of the crankcase.

Sounds like it is too full, because the oil level should be below the top of the glass when it's on the center stand. 
From the Owners Manual:
1. Place the vehicle on the center-stand. A slight tilt to the side can result in a false reading.
2. Start the engine, warm it up for several minutes, and then turn it off.
3. Wait a few minutes until the oil settles, and then check the oil level through the engine oil level check window located at the bottom-right side of the crankcase.

It's all good, thanks

There is actually a line the oil level needs to be at, towards the forward side of the sight glass. Take your time and get that level right. I tend to put in enough oil until I can see it poking in through the bottom of the glass when the bike is level, then I start the bike and let it idle to warm up for about 3-4 minutes. Kill it and let it sit for about 5 more and double check the oil level. Add as necessary.

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
There is actually a line the oil level needs to be at, towards the forward side of the sight glass. Take your time and get that level right. I tend to put in enough oil until I can see it poking in through the bottom of the glass when the bike is level, then I start the bike and let it idle to warm up for about 3-4 minutes. Kill it and let it sit for about 5 more and double check the oil level. Add as necessary.
If all else fails, follow the instructions (page 7-10 of the Owner's Manual). L of S
http://i.imgur.com/RXv5Ff7.jpg

Archived