Rox Risers

Guest rszk
Not on this bike, but I've done 2 other bikes.

Bike on center stand.
First protect your tank with a thick towel.
loosen the bolts holding the handle bar. You will notice it flop as you loosen.
Take off the bolts and rest the handle bar on the towel.
Put on the Rox Risers and torque them to 16 ft. lbs.
Put on handle bar and caps, adjust angle Rox riser and bar, and torque bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (Do the upper bolts first once hand tight.)
Check for cable binding and slack. If needed, you may have to loosen or remove the cable ties on the handle bar to get more cable length.
As with anything ... this is my method, if I'm doing something wrong please let me know!

Cheers!

Thanks, I ordered these a few days after I got the bike and it took them about a week to get here. In the meantime I've put several hundred miles on the bike and I've got comfortable with the bars as is. Now I'm trying to decide if I even want to put them on.

Thanks, I ordered these a few days after I got the bike and it took them about a week to get here. In the meantime I've put several hundred miles on the bike and I've got comfortable with the bars as is. Now I'm trying to decide if I even want to put them on.
I have 10,500 miles on my FJ-09 and find the handlebars perfect as is.  I'm 5-8 and have normal body and limb lengths.  Leave stock, because I think there isn't enough length in the brake and clutch cables to extend it up 2".  That is based on my experience of moving the handlebars off the risers and putting them back on; there wasn't that much slack to be extending them up.  

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Sounds like good advice to me. When I first got the bike I was convinced I needed risers, but after a 6 hour ride one day I felt great, seat and handlebar wise.

Archived