New guy in Dallas (TX, USA)

cman

• Premium Member
Just thought I'd post up a quick "Hi".  I signed for a new FJ-09 this afternoon.  Unfortunately, when they drove it the 5 miles to my house to deliver it, the ABS light came on for a moment.  It went off and everything was fine, but they took it back just in case.  From what I've read here, I'm guessing it's the ABS sensor.

But, anyways, here's a picture of my new baby.  The next time I see it, it'll have the panniers installed.

Oh, and those are some custom sliders on the side of the engine a local company made using the bike for measurements.  The dealer included them (for free) in the deal.

TfADNqV.jpg

• Premium Member
Just thought I'd post up a quick "Hi".  I signed for a new FJ-09 this afternoon.  Unfortunately, when they drove it the 5 miles to my house to deliver it, the ABS light came on for a moment.  It went off and everything was fine, but they took it back just in case.  From what I've read here, I'm guessing it's the ABS sensor. 
But, anyways, here's a picture of my new baby.  The next time I see it, it'll have the panniers installed.

Oh, and those are some custom sliders on the side of the engine a local company made using the bike for measurements.  The dealer included them (for free) in the deal.

I don't know why it is so hard for some dealers to hook up the sensor. (it is normal by the way for the light to come on until you hit 4 mph). It should look like this for the front: 20150605_091859_zpsabzpqhxg.jpg

Front%20wheel%20sensor%20adj_zps9mmjhjuw.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I'm with you ULEWZ.  I was truly disappointed when he pulled up in the driveway only to tell me that he needs to take it back to the dealer.  I was hoping to ride it into work this morning.

Thanks for the info - pic and quote from the manual.  Based on the thread(s?) I've seen on this, and how some dealers don't know what the problem is without a call to Yamaha, I'm going to give them a call today...  To "see how it's going" and suggest checking the sensor. :)

~C

Archived