VERY interested in an FJ

Guest eatpasta

Guest eatpasta
Some of you might know me from the ADV site.  I heard about the FJ over there and like the idea of this bike more and more every passing moment.
    I have four bikes at the moment and I go back and forth between a Triumph Speed Triple and an FJR (which replaced my 1150GS when the chain rail failed at 90k).
    I got a screaming deal on the FJR and only bought it because I commute back and forth 100 miles in and out of Los Angeles.   I've never really grown fond of it but it's a fantastic bike - fast and reliable but it handles weird, it's heavy and big.  It's also incredibly cumbersome in the city with the short, taut suspension.
     i have been on the lookout for something like the FJ and the Tiger has been on my radar for some time as well.....I guess I just wanted Yamaha reliability in a triple package!

....so there may be a nice 09 FJR up for sale here sooner or later..... cmon tax return....

Guest eatpasta
jeez i like the red so much.....cool bike!

Time to change the Avatar picture, @GSORider!

if I get one im sure some people on here are going to be pissed because Im going to put crash bars and Zega boxes on it.

;)

Guest eatpasta
Time to change the Avatar picture, @gsorider! 

;)

I'll change my avatar when the new Yamaha does what the OLD Yamaha did a couple weeks ago.  :) gts1000.jpgimage.png
almost2.jpg
100k.jpg

:o

RESPECT!

:D

That's an awesome period bike.  Rare too - I see one from time to time and GOOD ON YA for putting 100k+ on it.
    Everyone told me my 1150GS would be good for 100k+ "easy" until the cam chain rail failed at 90K.  Must have been weakened by the thousands of crashes offroad.....  meh

Guest eatpasta
I'll have to did out my old Motorcyclist magazine that had the new GTS on the cover, as a kid at the time I was fascinated by that bike, looks great to this day. Congrats
Thanks! Bad lighting, but here are all 3 girls hibernating until things warm up later this week. 3girls.jpg

jeez all you need is like a 650L to round out the group and you have a pretty much perfect garage! 

Archived