Gen 3 Tracer Vcyclenut ECU Flash & Service Review

• Supporting Member

I feel that I owe it to Dave at Vcyclenut to write this review, not just for the excellent product but going above and beyond with service.

In short, Dave's ECU flash is amazing. The bike is smoother everywhere and has noticeable power gains when paired with the Akrapovic racing carbon system. Of course having the throttle restrictions removed (mainly 2nd gear) also opens up more riding options as you have roll-on power in every gear. 

However, I had MPG problems that popped up; alarmingly low MPG after the flash. This led me to believe the flash was bad, or at the very least running rich. I contacted Dave through email and explained the low MPG after the flash. He said I could send the ECU back and he could trim back the fuel where cruising RPMs fell. Before resorting to that, I ran two full tanks through the bike with fuel additive to make sure I didn't have a fueling problem, nope, still bad MPG. Riding buddies also mentioned a strong smell of gasoline when riding behind me.

I reported everything I was experiencing to Dave over email, this is where he went above and beyond. We had an 11 email back-and-forth where Dave offered various options to solve the problem, and many detailed explanations on how tuning works and varying possibilities between swapping exhausts, baffles, trimming the fuel at specific revs, etc.

However, as I mentioned in another thread I cleaned the TPS after the bike stalled on me twice; this also fixed my MPG issue. I apologized to Dave for pointing my finger at the flash potentially being faulty, and thanked him for providing an amazing product and extraordinary service.

You can find praise for Dave's flashes all over the internet, but I'm truly impressed by his service in answering all of my questions; not just with brief responses, but with detailed explanations that often answered why something is the way it is when it comes to the flash and tuning. He's easily reachable by email and phone. Truly reassuring when a service provider actually serves their customers.

100% recommend the flash, without pause.

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 3

I'm curious if the GT9+ is safe to flash yet?

I'm in no rush because my GT9+ is better than other modern FI bike's I've owned, but still..this CP3 engine is so delightful, i want to set it free!  😊

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
47 minutes ago, motochick said:

I'm curious if the GT9+ is safe to flash yet?

I'm in no rush because my GT9+ is better than other modern FI bike's I've owned, but still..this CP3 engine is so delightful, i want to set it free!  😊

It's the same engine as the 2021 so I don't see why not. The 2014-2020 models are all the same flash.

You could email/call to confirm: Contact me - FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT.

• Thumbsup 1