Denali SoundBomb Split Install on 2015 FJ-09

Picked up a used, stock 2015 Fj-09 last year and have steadily been adding my preferred farkles and mods: skid plate, brake flasher, foot pegs, bar risers, heated grips, GPS mount, windshield lip, and a fender extender.  One thing I hadn't gotten around to adding was an air horn.  I've had the Stebel on a couple bikes and am a big believer in them.  Because this bike is so tight on space, I surfed the forums here and searched YouTube for ideas.  The biggest issue for me was where to mount the pump.  I don't have crash bars on the bike nor am I planning on adding any and there wasn't space under the seat.  But while I was pulling the tank to replace the air filter, I stumbled upon a location that mounted the pump upright and tucked it snuggly against the frame and aft of the fairing on the left side of the bike.  The following pictures illustrate what I came up with better than a verbal description.  

I traced the brackets before making my install permanent.  If you would like a copy of the pattern, reach out to me and I'll send you a PDF so you can make your own.  Material used was scrap pieces of 1/4" (6mm) thick aluminum plate I had on-hand but thinner aluminum or steel could be used.  I like 1/4" aluminum for mounting brackets like this because it's light, sturdy, easy to cut/drill/file/tap and will never rust.  If you use something this thick however, you'll need slightly longer bolts.  The large hole was made with a 1-1/8" (29mm) hole saw.  The pump bracket shape and mounting holes are specific to the left side of the bike.  It can be modified to fit the right side by relocating the mounting bolt holes to line up with the tank mounting bracket on that side. The odd shape of the horn bracket is because that's the shape of the scrap I was using. The crucial measurement is the distance between the mounting holes.  As shown on the template will allow the bars full movement left and right with 1/8" clearance between the horn and bottom of the headlight assembly. As you can see in the pictures, I have a full 6" of travel between the horn and the front fender.  That's about a 1/2" more than the forks at full compression.

Pump1.jpg

Pump2.jpg

Pump3.jpg

Pump4.jpg

Pump5.jpg

Pump6.jpg

Pump7.jpg

Pump8.jpg

Horn1.jpg

Horn 2.jpg

Horn3.jpg

Horn4.jpg