New owner in the DC Metro area

lhancock

• Premium Member
Figure I should introduce myself before I start rattling off a ton of questions in the forums.  I just picked up my 2015 FJ-09 on Halloween after a 10 year hiatus from owning a bike.  My previous commuter was an '02 R6 and I absolutely loved it.  We parted ways on the race track one weekend and my wife instituted the "wait till the kids are older" policy.  Well the kids are old enough, or she's finally had enough of the whining.  My father recently gifted me his '05 GL1800 and I promptly told him it wasn't for me and convinced him to let me sell it and get something more my size.  That thing made me nervous going into every turn.  My fathers one condition was NO SPORTBIKES.  I was initially looking at a used 800gs or tiger 800 but the prices were higher than I could afford.  I went into the dealership and sat on a FZ-09 and was smitten.  Maybe a little too sporty? I couldn't see myself riding it year round. The salesman walked me over to the FJ which I had never even heard of and I instantly knew that was the bike for me, especially after seeing the price tag.  I got it out the door with heated grips for $9,500 + tax/tag/title.  My commute is about 45m each way.  Its the perfect mix of practical and batshit insane. I don't think I could have made a better choice.

• Premium Member
I was looking at a few other bikes when I saw this one and knew it was the one. The price is very good and I like the fact it has abs and the t.c. I have been riding a long time and this is my favorite bike ever, with my Yamaha bags on I can pack some stuff or pull them off and tear up the curves. The size and power along with the lighter weight make this bike so great. Enjoy your new ride and keep the rubber side down.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09

2015 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail

2015 Polaris Rzr Xp1000

Archived