Hepco Becker Orbit TC 54

Dont have it mounted yet as I still need to buy the rear rack. It does come with a nice universal mount that would probably work with the Yamaha rack but I want to get the Hepco match. Just dont have an extra $200 after the holidays :)

It looks to be made very nicely. I have been using an Oxford topcase on my V Strom and boy is that a POS. I dont have experience with Givi topcases so I cant compare the two. I would say it seems as good or better than the V35 side cases I have.

One quirk, its designed to be removed from the front. There is a space to put your fingers and carry it but the design could have been a lot better. You will not want to carry it into a hotel.

78H5ra7.jpg

tEetDre.jpg
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 2 weeks later...
In about a week, I think the delivery estimate was Jan 11th. Should be on about 6.34 minutes after I get home on the 11th :)

Pictures will follow!
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Got the rack today. The portion that replaces the grab bars is a thing of beauty. Pretty but with serious heavy metal. The rack appears to just be the universal rack that comes with the box. All I really needed to buy was the 2 side bars, they should be sold separately. As it's a universal mount plate it fits in a variety of ways leaving you some room to decide where you want the box to sit, a +, but as it's not designed for the plate to only fit one way, a -, it reduces the fit and finish a little allowing room to mount unevenly.

Once you get the plate on straight the box is a tight fit, I don't see me unnecessarily removing it. But its fits snug, tight and strong. Unlock my el cheapo box I had on my V Strom this actually feels like it can take some weight and use. Plus I love the way the back of the bike looks with the Givi V35 and PLXR mounts in combination with this. I feel it greatly improves the looks of my redheads rear :)

I will try to get a couple pics in better light tomorrow:

VhAgJCn.jpg?1
0O6NLj5.jpg?2
9tUiFEW.jpg?1
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived