Death Valley Super Bloom!

docsimple

Alright y'all, got my ride dialed in and tomorrow I will do 650 of 1100 miles on my way to Death Valley. One stop over in Cali for a night and then on to the valley.

I'm not really used to having this much room in my luggage, the bags feel smaller than the giant V Strom aluminum panniers but they swallowed all my gear with room to spare. I was riding around with them all on today and it was pretty windy so I could feel they were there. Definitely increases drag. 

I'll post some pics during the trip if I can otherwise after. I've been researching it and it looks like plenty of visual stimuli is available. Camping will be weird, gravel plots. But it will be warm and the stars will be out.

Have a good week  8-)
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I rode Death Valley in 06 and have been kicking myself in the rear ever since for not bringing a camera. I stopped and did the tour of "Scottys Castle" and recommend it as the story of that place is hilarious. I have always wanted to go back to DV and spend a week exploring.

• Premium Member
I rode Death Valley in 06 and have been kicking myself in the rear ever since for not bringing a camera. I stopped and did the tour of "Scottys Castle" and recommend it as the story of that place is hilarious. I have always wanted to go back to DV and spend a week exploring.
Unfortunately,  Scotty's Castle, and the road to it, got damaged by flooding, so it is currently closed.  http://www.nps.gov/deva/index.htm Cheers 

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Bummed about Scottys Cast.e but there are so many things to see there, knocked out 700 miles today. Only rained on me for 300! I love Oregon but hot d@mn i need some sun!
Was really wishing i had the CC today! Gonna do more long trips this summer tho :)
Was planning on going to Beatty hot springs to camp. Any input on this?

Looking forward to being able to take my time tomorrow. Only 450 miles to Furnace Springs!
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 2 weeks later...

Archived