Rox anti-vibe risers

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
maybe I'm just super cautious (read: retentive) but I replaced all the cables as I didn't like how tight they were. I was afraid the increased tension would like to failure. Tried the Roxx risers but eventually sold them and used the Pro Taper Raptor bars with Sato bar ends and grip puppies. I am still considering a smaller riser now to make it perfect. With the clutch, throttle and brake lines replaced it became quite an expensive job though.
As it turns out, you were right. Re-routing the clutch cable as they suggested worked great at first, but after about 2,000 miles, that 90 degree bend down behind the bars became a problem.  It started acting up (not wanting to release the clutch) on the way home from a trip to the Tail of the Dragon last month. So I ordered a longer cable when I got back. They were running about 3 weeks behind, so I decided to just lube the cable each time before I rode it and hope for the best until I get the new one installed. Today it completely seized up. Lesson learned. If the cable looks too tight, it probably is. 

• 4 months later...

Archived