Hello From London

crotchrocket

Hi All,

The forum keeps prompting me to join with messages like 'you've visited this site 45 separate times, why not join'............so i did!!   I had an MT-09 for most of last year and loved it (image below) and swapped it for a KTM 990 adventure in September as i was doing high mileage and motorways daily.  The Tracer (FJ-09) ticks all the boxes for me and does everything the MT-09 couldn't.   I've test ridden the BMW 1200gs, F800GS Adventure, the Triumph Tiger and Explorer and the KTM1190 adventure so far.  I only really liked the KTM, and its £14,000 !!!  The Tracer is £8200 !!   The same can be said for the Ducati Multistrada.  I Love it but its really, really expensive! 

Im off for a test ride this weekend, and if all goes well i'll put the KTM up for sale and put a deposit down to get a bike after the new reg number comes in 1st March. 

My MT-09 

DSC03671_zpsa7538fcc.jpg

KTM

IMG_0138_zps843f9fcc.jpg

Guest eatpasta
oh please tell me you can find a way to keep the KTM and ADD the FJ?? LOVE that KTM - first time I ever rode one was off road with some buddies and took it straight up to 100, straight away, no worries, no drama, just power slides.
either way, welcome to the site mate!

• Premium Member
I test rode a Multistrada and found it to be snachy and top heavy. I find the FJ to be much less snachy and way better handling, even with it's subpar suspension.
It was fast though, but that front end would not stay down and those bags were wider than Kloe Kardashian. Oh, and welcome.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
OH... and i also joined because the bikes literally came out in the last few days !!
Just like Bruce Jenner. (rofl) 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I test rode a Multistrada and found it to be snachy and top heavy. I find the FJ to be much less snachy and way better handling, even with it's subpar suspension. It was fast though, but that front end would not stay down and those bags were wider than Kloe Kardashian. Oh, and welcome.

I'd love to say I could keep both, but I also have another one.....
7095821fe9dc7c5e528d8c9587c0a8b3.jpg

• Premium Member
I test rode a Multistrada and found it to be snachy and top heavy.
you just described my ex-GF! 
8D

She doesn't exist without pictures. :P 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Hello, first post here. I too have a 990 Adventure and me and it just don't get on. I must be missing something as everyone else loves theirs... I had a Tiger 1050 and loved it, so the Tracer looked interesting.
Anyhoo, demo bike arrived in Kirkcaldy this week, took it for a run this morning and will pick up my new bike the last week of this month :)
loved it, smoother and much lighter than the KTM, felt sure footed on cold and damp Scottish roads and the A mode resulted in huge grins!
hope you enjoy it as much...

• Premium Member
Hello, first post here. I too have a 990 Adventure and me and it just don't get on. I must be missing something as everyone else loves theirs... I had a Tiger 1050 and loved it, so the Tracer looked interesting. Anyhoo, demo bike arrived in Kirkcaldy this week, took it for a run this morning and will pick up my new bike the last week of this month :)
loved it, smoother and much lighter than the KTM, felt sure footed on cold and damp Scottish roads and the A mode resulted in huge grins!
Once the motor settles in, it gets even faster. Enjoy.  
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
Hello, first post here. I too have a 990 Adventure and me and it just don't get on. I must be missing something as everyone else loves theirs... I had a Tiger 1050 and loved it, so the Tracer looked interesting. Anyhoo, demo bike arrived in Kirkcaldy this week, took it for a run this morning and will pick up my new bike the last week of this month :)
The big KTM does seem like an acquired taste.... did you ever have it in the dirt very much? 
   I sampled one once and adored it...

Guest eatpasta
Never! I have not had any bikes off road since I was a kid. We seem to be missing the long, wide and flowing trails here in Scotland where I think the big KTM would come in to its own. I do enjoy hitting the speed bumps hard though :)
ya if you're never off road, that bike has almost no point.... much like my 525, when you ride it on the street its the most ridiculous thing ever but once you get it into the dirt you say "ohhhhh yeah.... NOW i remember" 

Archived