philkin

Looks like an active site!

Hi everyone! I am picking up my Red FJ-09 2/6/15. I have been riding for 61 years and my present bike I am trading in is a '13 Triumph
Explorer. I really like the bike but decided it was probably a good idea to look for a lighter bike. I had no prospects til the FJ-09
show up on the radar. This appears to be the Perfect answer.

Now I'm waiting for the heated grips to come in and why I haven't picked it up.
I purchased the Yamaha luggage and the Yamaha rear rack. I believe the rack base is the same as the FJR since the luggage
mounts are the same. Haven't seen any picture here from the group with the rack installed. Some one had mentioned the
capacity of the luggage and a small trunk seems like a helpful expansion option. I was told Yamaha doesn't recommend both.
The trunk option is also a great place for smaller item with easy access. It is also were I like to secure my helmet when I leave the bike
while stopping for Lunch, etc.
Like to hear from others looking at the trunks. Shad and Givi are the likely option.

• Premium Member
Looks like an active site!  
Hi everyone! I am picking up my Red FJ-09 2/6/15. I have been riding for 61 years and my present bike I am trading in is a '13 Triumph
Explorer. I really like the bike but decided it was probably a good idea to look for a lighter bike. I had no prospects til the FJ-09
show up on the radar. This appears to be the Perfect answer.

Now I'm waiting for the heated grips to come in and why I haven't picked it up.
I purchased the Yamaha luggage and the Yamaha rear rack. I believe the rack base is the same as the FJR since the luggage
mounts are the same. Haven't seen any picture here from the group with the rack installed. Some one had mentioned the
capacity of the luggage and a small trunk seems like a helpful expansion option. I was told Yamaha doesn't recommend both.
The trunk option is also a great place for smaller item with easy access. It is also were I like to secure my helmet when I leave the bike
while stopping for Lunch, etc.
Like to hear from others looking at the trunks. Shad and Givi are the likely option.

Wow, 61 years riding and still going. I hope I can keep riding for 61 years. I have the faster red color also and actually have an extra FJR rear trunk. I was not aware the rear rack has the same mounts as the FJR, if so, I will keep the rear trunk for later use on my FJ. Welcome aboard. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived