Future FJ09 Owner?

Hello from Chicagoland. Contemplating the purchase of a 2015 FJ09. Drawn to the stealth model ? But that red is pretty darn awesome. Joined to read and learn all I can before I pull the trigger. Trying to avoid any buyer's remorse if there are issues I can get educated on beforehand. Learned that lesson the hard way once before. ? Thank you in advance for sharing!

• Premium Member
Welcome aboard, lots of good information here on the board. I think my summary of the FJ-09 would be as follows:

It's one of the most fun bikes around. You will hear lots of folks complaining about this or that, but they are all pretty small issues, and it does so many things well, it's hard to complain. I always have a big ol' grin on my face when I get off the bike.

Hope you enjoy your journey!

Motorcycle purchases are very subjective, but you're doing what I did. After reading the issues, and knowing the reliability of Yamaha, I found and decided on the FJ after a long test ride. I knew buying it, I would want adjustable grips and a more comfortable seat, but everything else worked for me.

Good luck and welcome.

Archived