I noticed something interesting today on my ride home

• Premium Member
If your windscreen starts to wiggle a bit, check your tightening knobs. The one on my left side was almost ready to fall out it was so loose. I didn't think it needed to be cinched down hard, but it does. Maybe it was just my bike. I also noticed it did not want to start right away today when it was 72 degrees. Seemed like it was too warm for the fast idle and the regular idle was too low. Anybody else find this and can the idle be adjusted without a computer?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

If your windscreen starts to wiggle a bit, check your tightening knobs. The one on my left side was almost ready to fall out it was so loose. I didn't think it needed to be cinched down hard, but it does. Maybe it was just my bike. I also noticed it did not want to start right away today when it was 72 degrees. Seemed like it was too warm for the fast idle and the regular idle was too low. Anybody else find this and can the idle be adjusted without a computer?
I have noticed both of those on my bike.  I finally was able to get the knobs on the windscreen to stay locked down but i have put significant force into tightening them. 
The slow to start is something that has come and gone for me.  Cant quite put my finger on the situations that cause it to happen.  It has happened when warm, cold, hot, etc..

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
I had the same issues. I added a drop of blue lock tite to both bolts. Problem cured.  
For hard start it's due to the evap can. Evac the evap can asap

I've done both and had no issues ever since.
You mean remove it? Which lines need plugging? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived