fj09 cruise control?

Ok- I was just at the yamaha dealer wasting some time and noticed the fjr and the super tenere have the same left side controller as the fj09 but also has the buttons for the cruise control. What else would be involved for adding cruise control? do the bikes use some kind of servo motor (like autos) or is the ride by wire setup all you need? I'm not familiar with the workings of what makes it work? Someone with a little more know how care to chime in.
2015 FJ-09
2004 KTM 525

• Premium Member
Ok- I was just at the yamaha dealer wasting some time and noticed the fjr and the super tenere have the same left side controller as the fj09 but also has the buttons for the cruise control. What else would be involved for adding cruise control? do the bikes use some kind of servo motor (like autos) or is the ride by wire setup all you need? I'm not familiar with the workings of what makes it work? Someone with a little more know how care to chime in.
All ride by wire. We just need an ECU upgrade with the cruise control enabled and a few buttons added. They do this on the multistrada using something called TuneBoy
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

So somebody get to it.
Make sure you call Yamaha directly and ask for it. I did and others have as well. The more they here from us the more likely this is to happen. They told me they are already looking at it. They just need a little more of a nudge to get it done.  
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Sales, marketing and distribution of Motorcycles, ATVs, Snowmobiles and Race Kart Engines.

Customer Relations
(800) 962-7926

Archived