Flash Tune, active tune AFR

Yeah, that's the one. Were you not happy with the static flash?... why?

I imagine if you're doing the tune on your own, an auto tune will get the engine much much closer than someone who doesn't own their own dyno. It reads your a/f ratio and makes the appropriate fueling adjustments for your bike. A one of a kind tune.

Things wear and temperature, humidity, air pressure, elevation, change. These factors will throw off the best dyno tune. This constantly adjust to the current conditions. That should give the best air fuel ratio all the time. Time will tell. Truth is, I was hoping for something like this. That is why I did not have the bike dyno tuned.

• Premium Member
Flash Tune now is offering an active tune, AFR self tuning ECU kit. Basically an auto tune. 
I ordered one today. Should be here in about a week, then I need some time to get installed. Here is the link if you are interested.

https://ftecu.com/shop/yamaha-active-tune-kit/

I already have the Flash Tune ECU kit and did the flash with a map downloaded from Power Commander, and am very happy with the results.  Please give us an update after you install it and ride it. I can't imaging the auto tuner making a $380 improvement over the already-reflashed ECU. 

I don't think you can save the maps. With the constant tuning feature, there is no need to save the maps. Just save the one that is closest to what you have and let the tuner do the rest. I have been happy with the flash I down loaded from Flash Tune and quick shift. I see this as completing the package. Well until they come out with auto blip for the down shift.

I don't think you can save the maps. With the constant tuning feature, there is no need to save the maps. Just save the one that is closest to what you have and let the tuner do the rest. I have been happy with the flash I down loaded from Flash Tune and quick shift. I see this as completing the package. Well until they come out with auto blip for the down shift.

I had an auto tune device for my Harley and it actually "learns" the stock map and adjusts from there. The flash tune option could be different though.

I just got one of these from www.veloxracing.com they ship worldwide, they were super helpful and the shipping was very quick. 
Firstly you need the bike side kit (or you need them to flash the ECU to enable and setup ActiveTune) and ActiveTune, they also do a bundle to buy them both togther to save some money.

The kit is pretty straight forward to install and setup, once setup you can see in the ActiveTune live monitor that the AFR and throttle sensor is being read and when you blip the throttle you can see the trims being made by the software automatically.

First time out I put it into passive mode, that didn't make any changes, when I came back I plugged my computer in and connected to the activetune monitor and bingo, I could see the suggested changes, when I disconnected from the activetune monitor the software said there were changes and would I like to write them to my ECU, which I did, I also set it into ActiveTune mode and then went for a ride.

On coming back I repeated the process and there were changes, albeit smaller than before (obviously as less trims needed from my base map in the ECU after the previous write) I also reduced the max ActiveTune trim levels so the bike couldn't trim it lean or rich in the event of a o2 sensor failure.

Overall, very impressed, the ActiveTune is much different than any "autotune" product out there, it doesn't just use the Lambda to calculate the required trims to maintain your AFR target map, it uses all the sensors on the bike and engine to calculate the changes required to the TPS v RPM and Fuel Map v RPM, and dare I say it, the bike doesn't just feel more powerful but is also a lot smoother in the throttle than it was before.

There is a blog post on the VeloxRacing.com website that I followed when doing my setup and testing above.

Mikey

dare I say it, the bike doesn't just feel more powerful but is also a lot smoother in the throttle than it was before.
Mikey, did you have your ECU reflashed before or it was stock? 
No point getting it flashed first, the fueling will be a guess for what your bike has fitted (no 2 engines are the same) you can de-restrict with the bike side kit and the ActiveTune will get you a better tune for your bike and installed components.

ouch, looks like you need both to use this? The $790 bundle? That's a sizable contribution to Graves!

It does look like the regular unit has dropped in price. I think it was at $450 and is now $380.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived