Manchester.UK

owle

Hi, nearly new MT-09 Tracer owner saying hello, picked up a 2016 Tracer with 174 miles on the clock last week, i have had a good poke around the forum, very informative for a new owner. I've only covered 70 miles so far, the weather here today is miserable, so the running in will have to wait till next week. Anyone in the northwest of the UK point me in the right direction for the best Yamaha dealer for the first service.    Owle   

• Premium Member
phone the original dealer as some still do the 600 miles service for the cost of parts - I only paid about £45 for oil & filter. Labour was included in the service price. Some dealers have stopped this to increase their margins. I paid over £150 for the 1000 mile service on my other bike :(

Of course, if you bought the bike privately and live some distance from the original dealer then this may not be practicable of cost effective.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Welcome owle. I'm on the Wirral, Merseyside and very happy with my local Yam dealer. For the first service I would simply try your local one and form an opinion from there.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Hi owle, and welcome.

Stockport here - i bought mine from Chorley Yamaha, and have given me a great service and deals.
1st service was £81.25

What colour did you get - any accessories?

Hope to see you out and about - mid next week it should be dry and double digits :)

Thanks for the welcome guys, the bike came from the south of England so the original dealer is to far away Wessie. Stripy i will call Chorley Yamaha, colour is candy red no accessories, can't believe some one would buy a new bike and sell it after 174 miles, that's some expensive mileage.

Archived