New guy from Minnesota

stoley

A little about me I've been riding for about 30 years and i've owned nothing but sport bikes or now a naked sport bike (I currently ride a Z 1000) and as of late I've been kind of kicking around the idea of a sport tour or an adventure bike after all I'm 43 I need a grown-up bike. I stopped into the local Yamaha dealer a few weeks ago and lo and behold there was a new black FJ sitting on the floor, so I thought to myself I better check this thing out so I give it the once over, jump on to get a feel for it and all I can say is I loved it, I can't get the thing out of my mind, it just felt so right. So I've been working on the wife but she's not buying into it so it might be a year or more before I get it, but it will be my next bike. So until then I hope I can add something to this forum.

Guest eatpasta
a bunch of us feel the same way about this bike - it seems to tick all the boxes and just feels right.
and dont worry, you'll wear her down after awhile. either that or start threatening to buy a new car and when she sees how much that costs just relent and buy the bike

• Premium Member
a bunch of us feel the same way about this bike - it seems to tick all the boxes and just feels right. and dont worry, you'll wear her down after awhile. either that or start threatening to buy a new car and when she sees how much that costs just relent and buy the bike
I did that, and wollah, I have the F-Jay. Still want to sell the Vette though and get something else after 4 years.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived