PUIG Handguard Extenders

I was really dissatisfied with both the look of the stock handguards and their effectiveness, especially as the weather turned cold.  So I recently ordered some PUIG Handguard Extenders from Revzilla.  Simply removed the stock outer handguard piece, attached the new bracket (comes with all necessary hardware except for four nuts which are reused from stock) and fastened on the new guard.  It comes in three different colors:  clear, light tint and heavy tint (which I selected).  The quality of all parts are excellent with no flash or rough edges on guard itself and no burrs on the hardware.

First ride out in the cold showed a marked improvement over the stock guards.  Highly recommended, though as with everything related to this bike, the appearance is subjective.

new%20front_zpsrtsc6bm1.jpg

2015 Yamaha FJ-09 and 2018 Yamaha XSR700

• Supporting Member
I was really dissatisfied with both the look of the stock handguards and their effectiveness, especially as the weather turned cold. 

Considering the size and shape of the original handguards, I dont think weather protection was even a consideration when they were designed.  I hated how ridiculously wide they were and took them off within minutes of buying the bike.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Archived