Throttle body sync on 2017 model

cschacker

Wondering if anyone has tried syncing their throttle bodies on the 2017 model yet?  I went through the whole process of removing the body work, tank, and air box only to discover that the port where the manometer plugs on the left most throttle body was absolutely impossible to reach.  I've watched all of the videos I can find and seen the posts on this thread, but I just can't imagine how anyone could get to that little port; on my bike it is buried under cables and hoses.  I can barely see it or touch it, let alone screw an adapter into it.  But I can't imagine how this could be so different in the 2017 model, so if anyone has any clues, I'm all ears.

I don't have experience with the 2017 but I'm assuming you watched my YouTube video how to? There is nothing to screw into, just push the hose over the nipple.
Yes, indeed I watched it.  As I said, it's just buried under under a jungle of lines...

Take a picture of what you're talking about, that will help.
Ok, I will do that next time I open up the bike.  I had to put it back together to get back on the road for now, so if it's out of sync I'll have to live with it for the time being.

I have a 2015. I had to disconnect the hoses on top of the nipple you need to get to. Not easy, but it can be done. Be real careful to not drop any hoses or clamps. I tied a piece of string around the loop in the clamp or tube to not loose it if I dropped it. I wrapped tape around the end of long needle nose pliers to pull on the hoses without tearing or crushing the hose.  Twist the hose to break it loose from the metal tube before pulling it off.

https://fj-09.org/thread/5045/accelerator-position-sensor-aps-adjustment

read up on this link if you have the snatchy throttle syndrome

I have a 2015. I had to disconnect the hoses on top of the nipple you need to get to. Not easy, but it can be done. Be real careful to not drop any hoses or clamps. I tied a piece of string around the loop in the clamp or tube to not loose it if I dropped it. I wrapped tape around the end of long needle nose pliers to pull on the hoses without tearing or crushing the hose.  Twist the hose to break it loose from the metal tube before pulling it off. 

https://fj-09.org/thread/5045/accelerator-position-sensor-aps-adjustment

read up on this link if you have the snatchy throttle syndrome
Thanks, that is really helpful.  I have another theory, which is that there are extra hoses there to accommodate the additional emissions requirements for California models.  I'm pretty sure that's what I was running into.  When you disconnected those hoses, did you reconnect them to do the measurement, or do you think they had no effect? 

I re-connected all the hoses to do the throttle synch. I don't know what would happen if you left the hoses disconnected, but the whole idea is to balance air flow through all the venturies, which may not happen if you left some of the hoses disconnected. Some guys add hoses long enough to check throttle body synch possible without taking off the tank.

I re-connected all the hoses to do the throttle synch. I don't know what would happen if you left the hoses disconnected, but the whole idea is to balance air flow through all the venturies, which may not happen if you left some of the hoses disconnected. Some guys add hoses long enough to check throttle body synch possible without taking off the tank.
That makes sense.  I did confirm with my dealer that there are extra hoses there for the California-required emissions filter.  So basically, it's extra tough if you live in the Golden State.  I imagine what I'll do next is get the ECU re-flashed and use that opportunity to do the sync.  I plan to disconnect the hoses, move them out of the way to connect the manometer, and reconnect them to conduct that test.  Will report back.

Archived