• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Removal of Yamaha Heated Grips

Hi guys

Does anyone have information on how to safely remove the Yamaha heated grips, i am going to install a new handle bar and would like to reuse the heated grips without wrecking them. They were installed by dealer so i don't even know how they are installed. Any help would be awesome. Don't really want to spend another $400 on new grips.

Thanks

They are basically just like any other grips, but with wires that connect to the bike's harness. The throttle side is easy since it's attached to the plastic throttle tube, but the clutch side will need some care. You can use compressed air in between the grip and the bar to try and ease it off, but it will take some time and elbow grease depending on what the dealership used to stick it in place. It should be doable, just take your time.

Something thing to pry it from bar and use compressed air or WD-40 and work it off. Just be patient and careful.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Awesome, thanks everyone. i watched a few videos on youtube and they showed a heating element that wrapped around the bar and then grip goes over top so i was worried i would destroy that when taking off grips but i guess the Yamaha ones are different.

Thanks again for the help

Never done on heated grips, but have replaced many grips on my others bikes. The hand sanitizer worked really well, they act like lube agent when wet... once it gets dry, the grip will stick on the handle bar.

Archived