My name is dtcpdx and I made a mistake

dtcpdx

I am 32 years old and I have taken a 10 year hiatus on riding motorcycles but this Fall I couldn't take it anymore and sold my Subaru and was going to buy a motorcycle.  After doing plenty of shopping and looking at all of the current bikes out I realized my ideal bike wasn't out there and I decided to settle for a 2015 Ducati Monster 821 dark because I always liked the look of naked street bikes and it was the cheapest bike with traction control since it will be my only transportation in Portland, OR.  And it's a Ducati which I was always interested in, but who isn't.  

What I really wanted was a powerful, agile road biased middleweight adventure bike with ABS and Traction Control.  And I love matte black and grey, a must.  And my last motorcycle was a 1998 YZF 600.

So yea, they nailed it.  Also BTW I just made my first payment on the Ducati.  My wife is going to be pissed.  Ducatis hold their value well right?

I am 32 years old and I have taken a 10 year hiatus on riding motorcycles but this Fall I couldn't take it anymore and sold my Subaru and was going to buy a motorcycle.  After doing plenty of shopping and looking at all of the current bikes out I realized my ideal bike wasn't out there and I decided to settle for a 2015 Ducati Monster 821 dark because I always liked the look of naked street bikes and it was the cheapest bike with traction control since it will be my only transportation in Portland, OR.  And it's a Ducati which I was always interested in, but who isn't.   
What I really wanted was a powerful, agile road biased middleweight adventure bike with ABS and Traction Control.  And I love matte black and grey, a must.  And my last motorcycle was a 1998 YZF 600.

So yea, they nailed it.  Also BTW I just made my first payment on the Ducati.  My wife is going to be pissed.  Ducatis hold their value well right?

YOu should join the naked sportbikes forum, which is in my sig below. Hoping that site takes off soon.

Ducati's are awesome bikes. If that 821 had come out earlier in the year, I would probably have one instead of the FZ-09.

The bike is great right, and a great price. But actually wasn't exactly what I was hoping for initially but has turned out to be a ton of fun. Who in the 90's and didn't want a Ducati Monster right? Will join The Naked Sportbikes Forum mentioned above!

• 2 weeks later...
Making a mistake would have been if you had bought a Harley Davidson.
A used Sportster, maybe.

But their Touring class is THE class that everyone guns for.

As a previously owner of a HD Street Glide (FLHX), I don't understand the crap HD gets all the time.  It was a great bike and would not hesitate getting another one in the future.

Making a mistake would have been if you had bought a Harley Davidson.
A used Sportster, maybe. 
But their Touring class is THE class that everyone guns for.

As a previously owner of a HD Street Glide (FLHX), I don't understand the crap HD gets all the time.  It was a great bike and would not hesitate getting another one in the future.

Oops, sorry and didn't mean to offend. Well, maybe only half. Man if I was into heavy bikes I would own a Harley, and the new Scout by Indian has got some of my attention already.

But alas, I'm into light bikes cause sometimes I end up doing some crazy shet on bikes. I thought getting older would have slowed me down, but nope. Still a dope.

This FJ-09 is light, and I plan on upgrading the forks and rear and then doing some serious miles. Might add some lighting too.

Archived